Redmond, WA, USA
We seek a dependable, upbeat, responsible, imaginative, and fun-loving individual with previous experience working with young children to join us as a childcare assistant. A qualified candidate is warm-hearted, knowledgeable, and creative, who can build meaningful connections with the children, and has a sense of fun and an ability to engage with kids through singing, dancing, and play. While we will provide preschool and classroom management training, a positive attitude is essential. We require a caring individual who can work with children ages 3-6 in the Early Childhood field. Our daily schedule and clean-up checklists eliminate any guesswork. The position is full-time, with the center opening at 8:45 am and closing at 6:15 pm, Monday through Friday.
This job may be a perfect fit if you are a mother or nanny or have previous experience working in a daycare. As our childcare assistant, you will:
• Follow a daily task list and fixed schedule to ensure the smooth running of the classrooms and playground.
• Assist younger children with using the restroom, and cleaning up after accidents and messes when needed
• Prepare and serve snacks, handling all preparation and clean-up responsibilities.
• Ability to transport our students on field trips.
•Assist with a weekly and monthly clean-up checklist
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and record-keeping abilities.
• Be committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our students, both inside and outside the classroom.
• Display a responsible, clean, and organized approach to work.
• Bring a high-energy, positive attitude to work every day.
• Show empathy, warmth, and a gentle demeanor towards children.
• Collaborate with other staff members to plan for after-school and summer activities.
• Be committed to communicating well with students, colleagues, and school leadership.
• Have exceptional interpersonal skills and balance the needs of individuals and small groups.
• Contribute positively to the school community and be willing to collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
Must be 18 and possess a high school diploma or equivalent to apply for this position. A bachelor's degree is desirable but not required.
Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following Early Childhood Assistant Teacher Qualifications outlined by the WA State Department of Children, Youth & Families (DCYF) for Child Care Centers.
Experience working in a daycare or childcare setting is preferred, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The candidate does not need to have any experience. They need to have an open mind to learn and work hard. We are willing to provide training and tuition reimbursment for the right candidate with can-do attitude.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as you must interact confidently with parents and communicate their child's daily experiences and progress.
This candidate should have an excellent driving record and can drive students safely for field trips. This is MUST for this position.
Being onsite between 8:45 am - 4:15 pm Monday-Friday is a must.
Candidate with unique skills (Arts, Crafts, Yoga, Sports, proficiency in one more foreign languages) would be preferred.
Attention to detail, sensitivity to family situations, and being discreet are crucial for success in this role.
We seek a creative candidate with a sense of fun and an ability to connect with children through singing, dancing, and play.
A strong customer service mindset is also necessary.
The job requires that you be able to lift at least 40 pounds to waist height, kneel, crouch, and sit on the floor with easethroughout the workday.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Pre-employment DCYFbackground check is required.
Merit / STAR ID is required.
Able to maintain the following WA state licensing requirements:
Certification in child CPR/First Aid/HIV training
Negative TB test Documentation
Blood Borne Pathogens,
Proof of MMR & TB Test,
30 hrs. basic training/10 hrs. yearly
About the Company
Radiance Learning Academy is a licensed preschool that provides a stimulating, nurturing, and supportive environment to children ages 3-6. Our project-based, hands-on learning approach encourages curiosity, resilience, and a growth mindset. By emphasizing emotional intelligence, collaboration, and community, we help children develop essential life skills that will prepare them for success in the future. Our educators teach children to persevere through challenges and develop a lifelong love of learning. At Radiance Learning Academy, we believe that every child has the potential to shine.
At our facility, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional care and education to the families we serve. Our commitment to excellence extends to our employees, who thrive in our dynamic and supportive work environment and benefit from professional development and advancement opportunities.
We are at 22350 NE Marketplace Drive #114, Redmond, WA 98053.